Women-led companies will create a new layer of economic power in our country.
XXcelerate Fund provides a uniquely powerful combination of business education, peer support and a pathway to financing. It's a model that has been proven to produce higher rates of success.
• Business is women-led*
• Industry agnostic, but with demonstrated product/market fit and an established customer base
• Situated in the defined gap between bank loans and venture capital
• Positioned for national and/or international scale
• Demonstrated participation in/contribution to the entrepreneurial ecosystem (community references, pitch competition participants, accelerator graduates, etc.)
• Exceptional, non-traditional opportunities
(*trans-identified individuals included)
& Research Goals
• Create local jobs and employment and training opportunities
• Diversify the local entrepreneurial ecosystem
• Understand the needs of underrepresented founders
• Design a system that can be replicated in other communities in Oregon and across the country.
• Observe and measure the power of peer networks in entrepreneurship
• Assess the growth trajectory and priorities of women founders
• Measure the power of entrepreneurial peer networks, collective power, and social capital
• Foster a pipeline of women entrepreneurs
Education and Curriculum:
The year-long educational curriculum includes training and support in the following key areas:
• Defining growth and scale
• Finance, documentation, and accounting
• Key performance indicators
• Customer success and retention
• Hiring, culture, core values
• Capitalizing your business: bank lending
• Capitalizing your business: venture capital
• Capitalizing your business: independence
Application & Underwriting:
A Founder meeting the Founder Profile will submit an application
If approved applicant will commit to multi-month-long education and support group. If denied, applicant may be invited to receive continued support.
XXcelerate provides Loan application guidance, vetting and introduction to community partner lenders
Lending partner performs underwriting and loan managment